Pharmaceutics is one of the disciplines in the pharmacy which deals with formulation of a pure drug substance into dosage forms. The subject areas of pharmaceutics include Pharmaceutical Technology, Physical Pharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics & Biopharmaceutics, Industrial Pharmacy and Drug Delivery Systems for professional doctoral degree, graduate and undergraduate students.
The Department of Pharmaceutics has a rich tradition of innovation and a commitment to advancing health through new knowledge. Faculty members make significant contributions to enhancing understanding of drug action and delivery.
During this graduate program, Students will have an opportunity to work alongside professional experts in modern laboratories to gain a firm understanding of the materials and technologies associated with pharmaceutical product development, manufacture, and evaluation. You’ll graduate ready to participate in research to formulate new medications or continue your education with a PhD in Pharmaceutics.
The goal of Pharmaceutics department is to produce a competent Industrial Pharmacist. Department Laboratories are well equipped with sophisticated and modern equipment’s like , HPLC, UV spectrometer, Brook-field Programmable Rheometer, USP dissolution test apparatus, Stability testing chambers, Rotary tablet punching machine and Rotary flash evaporator etc,. The Department Library has adequate books, journals and internet facility.
- Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology equipped with Mechanical stirrers, Digital balance, Tray dryer, Double cone blender, and Steam distillation still etc.
- Laboratory of Physical Pharmacy equipped with Microscopes Stage and eye piece micrometers, Vacuum Pump, Incubator etc.
- Laboratory of Pharmaceutical engineering equipped with Bulk Density Apparatus, Standard sieves, sieve no. 8, 10, 12, 22, 24, 44, 66, 80, Hot Plate, Conical Percolator, Digital balance etc.
- Laboratory of Industry equipped with Pharmaceutical production machines like Rotary tablet machine, Manual capsule filling and sealing machine, bottle filling and sealing machine, Tablet coating machine, High speed homogenizer, Ampoule filling and sealing machine, Ointment filling machine ,Ultracentrifuge, Ball mill, Collapsible tube crimping machine, Orbital shaker incubator. Also equipped with different evaluation machines like Stability chamber, Dissolution test apparatus, Disintegration test apparatus, Friability testing apparatus, Sieve shaker, Monsantos hardness tester etc.
- Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Microbiology equipped with different instruments and facilities like, AHU (Air Handling Unit) system for sterile air supply, Laminar Air Flow, Hot air oven, auto clave, BOD incubator, Colony counter, Micropipettes (single and multi channelled), Zone reader etc.